CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Vignettes 6: Strawberry Fields Forever


This story is less interesting and can be summed up as Eliza loves strawberries.

I was shopping with her at our yummy local produce shop, C'ville Market. Eliza was actually being a good helper. I told her we needed apples and bananas, and she kept repeating the words "Appus! 'Nanas!" and then she was pointing them out when she saw them. Then I'd ask her can you choose an orange for me? She'd carefully pick out an orange and then throw it behind her into the back of the cart. She did the same for our pears and lemons and limes and zucchinis too. She tried to do it with our bean sprouts too, but that was a little less successful.

Anyways, I was picking out some grapes and Eliza caught sight of some strawberries. I hadn't planned on getting them because they weren't that great of a price, but Eliza was able to grab them into the cart with her and was not letting go. "She kept saying, "Aberry? Aberry?" and signing please over and over. So after that she wasn't happy until we got through check out.

Once I finally gave her a strawberry, I have never seen someone sooo excited to eat anything in my life. She was like squealing with delight! I'd ask her if she wanted more, and she'd like yell yeahhhh back to me.

"All Gone!" (I did her hair while she was trapped in her chair and distracted by her strawberries.)

We picked up Steve after that, and he told me that one of Eliza's other books has featured strawberries recently. Steve was reading it to her for bed time stories and it says, "Alexis likes Strawberries." And Steve would asked Eliza, "Do you like strawberries?" Apparently Eliza enthusiastically kept answering with a, "YEAH!" and would shake her whole body with excitement. So apparently she was living out her bed time story at the market and had been anticipating this strawberry reunion for days now.
I spy...

0 comments:

Lilypie