CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crime Spots

I was perusing our local NBC 29 website and found the "Crime Spots" map. It showed all of Charlottesville and lists all the crimes and arrests that have occurred in the past 2 months. You can click on each one and it tells you what crime occurred there.

Not only are the icons bizarre, but it kinda creeped me out to know what kind of stuff is happening like 2 blocks over from my house. Apparently the Burger King that's like 2 minutes away from us had an attempted robbery just 2 days ago! That's wild!

And what does "FRAUD-FALSE PRETENSES/SWINDLE/CONFIDENCE GAME" mean? Apparently, this "crime" occurred just 4 blocks down from us, but I have no idea what that means. Seriously, Confidence Games are against the law?

This website is just one step less creepy than the sex offenders websites but a lot more amusing because of the cartoon depictions of the hard-knock crimes. It kinda makes me feel like I'm in a Batman version of Charlottesville, but maybe I've just been up too late...

1 comments:

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

Are Confidence Games like when they make you fall backwards and have your partner catch you at camp? Is that illegal? Are Friendship and Camaraderie also illegal?

Lilypie