CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A spoonful of Independence

Eliza (suprise, suprise) really likes to be independent when she can be. She also likes to be helpful. Lots of times when we can't get her to do something, if I rephrase it like, "Eliza? Can you please help Mommy *_________*" then she's likely to actually do it.

So she's combined her drive for independence and helpfulness and now feeds herself. She barely ever lets us spoon feed her things. I don't really mind, though, even though it sometimes means that she's eating cottage cheese with the spoon for the first few minutes and then converts to eating it by the handful afterward. At least it's her and her bib getting messy instead of me!! :)

Here's Eliza eating some oatmeal. Sooo exciting (for me, but probably not many other people).


Last night, Eliza was really funny at dinner. I was eating some broccoli. I hadn't offered any to her because I haven't been able to get her to eat any in forever. But she was next to me and looked in my bowl, GASPS, and goes, "Oh, WOW! Boccoli!!" and ate the rest of it.

How funny is that?

4 comments:

Kalia said...

That was a cute video, she's a sweetie! And the classes look like a ball ;-)!!

Leigh This Way said...

She is just so adorable. I really like her hair like that. So cute!

Joan said...

Broccoli! Very impressive.

jenaprn08 said...

What a big girl! Her great grandma Ruth would be so proud of her enjoyment of broccoli.

Lilypie