CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Vignettes 3: Kleenex

Sleepy Eliza after Breakfast.
Notice she has one pacifier in her mouth and one in her hand with her juice.


Eliza's memory has also developed a lot it seems. She especially employs it in her playtimes and mostly when playing with her favorite thing in the world, "BABA's!" Or her pacifiers. She hoards them and will hide them in little nooks and crannies and then come back to them later.

One morning when we were in New York City, Steve was trying to get Eliza ready to meet me after one of my meetings at Fordham. They were all set to go except he couldn't find her baba anywhere. He said he looked in the usual spots, under the bed, crib, couch, bathroom, bathtub. Finally, he remembered that he had seen her playing with a kleenex box earlier out of the corner of his eye. It turns out that SHE HAD PULLED OUT ALL OF THE KLEENEX FROM THE BOX, PUT HER PACIFIERS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX AND THEN PUSHED THE KLEENEX BACK IN ON TOP OF THEM! We got really lucky that we ever found them again! She's sneaky when she wants to be!

4 comments:

Katy said...

She has soo much hair now. Eliza is a tricky one. She'll make a wonderful smuggler when she grows up.

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

Grandma again. I'd like to hold her on my lap and give her a big hug! Thanks for the pictures!

Kim said...

That is so funny! My dog hides her treats in the couch cushions. No I am not comparing my dog to your kid. Ok maybe I did. Its not like I think of my dog as my child. Ok maybe I do. Its the best I can do alright!!! Love you!

The Hood Family said...

ahh the memories come flooding back of trying to wean mikala off of her passy. she got smart enough that two weeks into it, she was still finding passy's that she had stashed somewhere. i'd go to check on her, she'd have a passy, i'd throw it away...next day, repeat. she's getting so big and so smart! i bet she and claire would make good buddies now!

Lilypie