CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Vignettes 1: Prison Break


Eliza's gotten so big! Steve and I can't believe it sometimes.

She's got some very quirky habits, though, that have developed recently. I've been slacking on the blog, so I have a lot Eliza updates to share. So for the next 8 days, we'll publish one Eliza story each day. It'll be our Valentine's/President's Day present for everyone! So here's our first vignette:

One story of Eliza's cunning ways is from this Sunday at church. There was a nursery prison break-- I was in the hall outside the primary room, when I heard some kid screaming, I turned to see like 5 kids busting out of the nursery doors and both nursery leaders, already with crying kids in the arms, trying to grab the escapees back. Eliza caught sight of me and took off RUNNING down the hall towards me. She managed to dodge both leaders outstretched arms, weaving away just in time to run past out of their reach.

The nursery leaders were relieved when they saw me and let me know that she had a dirty diaper anyways. I took Eliza's hand and herded her into the primary room, where Steve was with our Valiant 9 class and the diaper bag. As soon as Eliza walked into the primary room, she saw Steve and clasped her hands together with glee and burst out with this crazy, loud laugh (Steve says it was maniacal). Our primary president later told us it looked like she was celebrating her success at beating the system!

3 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

That is a good story! I look forward to the Valentine present of hearing Eliza's adventures!

Leigh This Way said...

Hahaha!! WOW! Sounds like you've got a smart and resourcful little girl =)

The Hood Family said...

too funny :) she's growing up so fast. and before you know it, she'll be in primary, start to lose her "baby face" and start to look like a little girl.

Lilypie