CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Naked Baby Biking



Steve got me this iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat for my birthday, and we finally got around to installing it this week! It apparently wasn't very hard to install anywayz, but it had been just one more thing on the to-do list. It's gotten really great reviews on safety and parent/child satisfaction. It's supposed to work from 12 months to 4 years too!

The verdict is in, though, and WE LOVE IT!!! We meaning Eliza + me. We decided to take it for a spin yesterday night after spaghetti dinner, hence the clothes-free child (don't worry, she's got a cloth diaper on, you just can't tell).

Eliza loved it so much that every time I stopped in front of the house, she'd immediately starting signing and saying, "mohr? mohr?" It was so funny! She loved being able to see where we we're going. And as we rode along the road she was going, "whoah, woah, woooah" in amazement. 

It was also fun to be able to point things out to her and see and hear her excitement
in response to my narration of, "Look there's the kitty! Look at the trees! Look at the neighbor's doggy! Look at the cars!"

The only bad thing is she's not so much a fan of the helmet, so hopefully she'll get more used to it with time.

I'm so excited to get to ride my bike again. I used to do it a lot before I had Eliza, but Tuesday marked my first ride in about 16 months. Yippee!

7 comments:

eNJay & B said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Norma's mom gave me a bicycle. Now we just need a seat and a child younger than four to place in it. B

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

Whoa! That rocks!

Just Katy said...

That bike seat is soooo cool! I want one!

jenaprn08 said...

That bike seat looks like a lot more fun than the one I used to use with you guys. You were stuck in the back looking at my backside. Don't you feel more free? I love bikes!

Kalia said...

I have a hand-me-down back seat for mine, and it always makes me nervous that I can't see the kid and make sure they're safe. I like the idea of the front style. That'd be what I'd go for in the future.

Abby said...

That sounds awesome! Maybe for Katy's baby shower we can get her one...

Barbara said...

What a great bike seat for Eliza. I agree that it is much nicer to have the seat in front rather than in back. Wow, and it's safer also; that's fantastic!

Lilypie