CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Join, Or Die

The John Adams mini-series was my choice for our Netflix movie this week. I was interested in seeing it after hearing several very good recommendations from friends I trust.

My friends were right.

These movies are incredible. They give me chills and are awe-inspiring. I also really like how much of a part Abigail Adams plays in this series.

Then I press the input button on the remote and try to not be overwhelmed by the powerfully delivered speeches broadcasting on every channel from the Democratic Convention. Interesting juxtaposition.

Anyways, check out this trailer for the mini-series. Pretty cool! Has anyone seen these yet?



p.s. I think that the John Adams in the movie (actor and character) reminds me of my brother, Robby, which makes me like it all even more. Not the 4o yr old, doesn't shower much part, but the highly intelligent and passionate part...

3 comments:

Katy said...

Yeah, that reminds me. I need to get that Live Free or Die tattoo.

jenaprn08 said...

One of the reasons I chose Abby's name was because of what a strong and interesting character Abigail Adams seemed to be.

Aaron said...

The Democratic Convention has been pretty remarkable. A lot of really good speeches, well delivered.

I enjoyed the miniseries very much, especially the first few episodes. The biography it is based on by David McCullough, one of my favorite biographers. It is a fine book. He is writing a book right now on Americans in Paris that I am excited about.

Lilypie