CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A mother's feet


Yeah, I know I'm in desperate need of a pedicure.

But that's not gonna happen, and that's not the subject of this post.

About eight or nine months ago, I noticed a dark pattern on the top of my feet. I thought it was weird but didn't give much thought to it besides to try to rub a little more soap on 'em in the shower. Then it got a little darker. I rubbed my feet one night and realized that they were callouses... callouses from kneeling down and knee walking over and over again on rough carpets, cement, and grass to get closer to Eliza's world. 

The callouses are getting a little bit better since Eliza's been walking, so I thought I better record this before it's all gone. This physical evidence of my symbolic sacrifice and "worship" of my baby girl.

To me it portrays a little of my desire to be a close and intimate part of 
Eliza's exciting life adventure.

Just another pleasant and attractive emblem that marks my body as a mommy body. I won't go in to anymore details about that, though. Motherhood is a glamorous thing....

3 comments:

Abby said...

Don't worry about details. I can take whatever after listening to some of Mom's classes.

jenaprn08 said...

There are lots of signs of what a great Mom you are to Eliza...

Kalia said...

I've got a lot of signs too, a whole terrain map in fact!

Lilypie