CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stair Steppin'

We've been in the new house for a couple weeks now, and this has been one of Eliza's favorite hangouts since we moved in. The bottom of the stairs. She especially likes to hang out here if one of us parents is upstairs getting dressed or something. She'll wait at the bottom and clap her hands if she catches a glimpse of us at the top!

But that all changed today. It took her a few weeks to get up the courage, but she's learned how to climb up the whole staircase on her own! (with me trailing right behind her watching for the slightest sign of slippage, of course). I guess it's time to move the baby gate from the kitchen door to the bottom of the stairs...

Eliza and I are headed down to SC tomorrow for a week long vacation! My best friend since the 4th grade, Amber, asked me to be one of her bridesmaids in her wedding on Saturday. Since I already had asked for the weekend off of work, I thought I'd make the 6 hr. drive worth it and make a fun visit out of it with my mom, dad, abby, the poodles, and other SC friends! Yippee! We're goin to Oma and Grandpa's house!

Poor Steve will be home alone with Finnegan the kitty, riding the bus to work. He's a trooper! He's got some art projects to work on, so I'm sure he'll enjoy having some more uninterrupted time to work on that.

This'll be the first time I've ever driven alone with Eliza for the whole 6 hours, so wish me luck! My plan is to go workout at the gym at 8:30am tomorrow so Eliza can get herself all worn out playing, and then we'll just take off from there and do our first few hours of driving. Then for lunch, I'm hoping to find some place with a play place so Eliza can stretch, play, and burn some more energy before it's back to her car seat for the rest of the way! We'll see how it goes!

Eliza has gotten sooo much better about being in her carseat these days. She loves listening to music, especially her Baby Einstein traveling tunes, and she'll bob her head to the beat! So funny! and then usually if she gets bored, she just drifts off to sleep... so wish us luck!

3 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

We're so excited you are coming south. We can't wait until tomorrow! Drive carefully!

Abby said...

So, will we get any videos of her climbing the stairs? I hope she doesn't try it on the little landing/ ledge we have on our stairs... ;) I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. Maybe you can think of things you want to do while you're here on your way down. Can't wait to see you!

Sarah H said...

You're brave. Good Luck on your drive.

Lilypie