CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Good Eats of Late

I've been trying a couple new recipes of late. Here are a couple I really liked.

Jamaican Jerk Kabobs with Steak and Sweet Potatoes
w/ Radish & Pineapple Slaw

Marinate the meat in Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Tsp All Spice, Chinese 5 spice.
Boil Sw Potatoes for 15 minutes, drain and cool to touch.
Kabob 'em! with the steak and brush the Sw Potatoes with oil.
Broil. I loved this side more than the entree even! It's a 'slaw made of the really yummy fresh ingredients 1 lb of radishes (shredded) and 1 fresh pinneapple cut coarsely. You can add a little salt if you want. Delicious!!
I couldn't remember trying radishes before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but they just tasted really fresh to me and not that different from cabbage, I guess.

We made some yummy homemade pizzas from some refrigerated dough that I bought from my new favorite C'ville bakery, Chandler's. Left is Steve's, Right is mine (and Eliza's. For some reason, I'm always the one who "gets" to share with Eliza. Steve gobbles up his food like he thinks someone will steal it from him before he gets enough! haha).

These pizzas were so yummy and rich, I couldn't eat more than 2 pieces. We did some random toppings like salami and parmesian cheese, fresh tomatoes (Steve's), spinach (mine), and fresh basil.
My favorite food experiment this week, though, was of course the chocolate dessert! Chocolate covered strawberries!! MMMMmmmm! I made these to thank our new neighbor for some soup she gave us when we moved in and for my friend who babysat Eliza while I went to get my hair cut (for the first time in over 4 months- yikes!).

I actually got the recipe for these out of my weight watcher's cookbook, and it prefaced the recipe by saying how easy these actually are to make. Sooo, I felt a lot of pressure to not mess them up after that. But it was really easy, and I quick. I managed to do it all during Eliza's nap.

I just microwaved semi-sweet chocolate (per the directions) with some water for 1 1/2 min, and also a little white chocolate to drizzle on top, after they were dipped in the semi-sweet.
100% Yummy!!
Mine definitely did not look like the picture in the book, but they tasted just as good! My neighbor said she thought I'd bought them! Nice, right?

And for mom, here is a pic of my new hair cut. I'll try to post a better one later. This is all I could manage for now. (I haven't figured out where our good camera's charger got unpacked to).


It's a lot longer in the back. Hard to tell from this picture. I like the new bangs, though! My hair dresser is sooo good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenaprn08 said...

the food looks yummy. I will need to try some of those recipes. I love your haircut...very cute.

Lilypie