CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Carolina Fun

Eliza and I drove down to SC on Wednesday and have been loving our time here! Eliza did fabulously on the drive down and pretty much slept like 4 hours with a one hour McDonald's play place break in the middle!

It's so fun to be visiting family and friends here in SC. I wish we lived closer! Staying with Mom and Dad is like having a nanny!! It is AWESOME! If I lived in the same town as my parents, parenting would be a COMPLETELY different (easier) game! This is the way it's meant to be! Too bad we have to worry about such minuscule things like jobs that affect our geographical choices.

Here are two pictures I got of Eliza with her grandparents that I just LOVE!!!

Eliza & Grandpa Ron

Eliza & Oma

My parent's ward had ward conference today, and they also were meeting at 11am instead of the 8:30am meeting we're used to. The total church time today consisted of about 10:30-3:30 which encompasses all of Eliza's lunch time and nap time. She was fighting off sleep the whole time. She wasn't grumpy, just a little wacky.

Abby and I put her in her stroller while the lunch line was really long and walked her around the parking lot singing her primary songs. We finally we're able to coax her to sleep and were proud enough of ourselves to take a picture!
(and by the way, if you have to sing primary songs in a parking lot with anyone, Auntie Abby's pretty much the best person to be stuck with! She has such a pretty voice.)

A South Carolina Meldau visit wouldn't be complete without at least one soccer game. Here's Eliza getting familiar with her future destiny... the soccer ball:
Oma was practicing walking with Eliza on the sideline of Abby's (and Dad's as the coach) game. Eliza was rockin' those independent steps!
One of my favorite things about our visit has been the mornings Eliza gets to spend with her Oma and Grandpa while I'm still sleeping! She does all kinds of fun things like climb onto the dishwasher after seeing how fun it looked when the puppy did it!
Breakfast time with Oma! Oma supplies some of the best stuff. Applesauce, Sw potatoes, Pomegranite applesauce, yogurt, oven pancakes, and cheese (not all on the same morning)! Only the best nutrients for Jennifer Meldau's granddaughter!
Eliza enjoyed cheering us on in the intense family croquet game of which I was clearly the most superior competitor even though I didn't finish first (but that's mostly b/c Dad cheats...). In honor of Robby, we even threw a mallet into the woods during a tense near-miss. I won't mention the name of the actual thrower.

At one point in the game, we looked over at Eliza and caught her red-handed with the Craisin's like this:She kept picking them up in handfuls and shoveling them into her mouth. Silly kid! This clued me in that she might be ready for dinner...

We're having a great time and still have a few more days of fun ahead of us! Eliza is showing signs of missing her daddy... I tried to get her to talk to Steve on speaker phone tonight-- she ended up being kinda grumpy after her nap, though, so I got off the phone and then for the next five minutes after, Eliza kept saying in a very concerned voice, "Dawddee? Dawdee?" It sounded like she remembered that she had a daddy and had just realized he wasn't there. We're having fun here, but we both miss Steve!

Here's a video of us practicing walking with Eliza. She's a 2-4 steps kinda girl right now, but she seems to be catching on to the concept of it! However, she's more interested in the cheering at the end rather than the actual walking.

4 comments:

Steve Morrison said...

I miss you guys! Looks like you're having a great time, though--it's so nice to see pictures of you!
We need to get Eliza to help with our dishes, too...

graydsaidwhat said...

I wish I would have known you guys were here, I would have loved to see the baby :( She is beautiful Amy and growing up so fast, I hope all is well at home. Let me know the next time you guys are in town.

Kristen said...

Oh, man. Eliza is such a cutie! It's nice that you get to visit your parents so often, too!

Rebecca said...

Those are great grandparent shots. So cute.

Lilypie