CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby!

I have to admit that I like this birthday a whole lot more than last year...even if Eliza and I were both sick today! and Eliza decided to wake up at 5am! I guess she just couldn't wait to get the party started!Steve called in sick so he could care for us two sick-o's! Sorry, Steve! But even though we were sick, we still managed to have some fun!

Eliza and I celebrated an early bday for her last week before we left my parents house. We had a blast and ate Eliza's favorite for dinner- SPAGHETTI! which was followed by a scrumptious family recipe, Banana cake w/ cream cheese frosting that my mom made- YUM! Eliza was definitely a fan of it too!

She felt it for a minute...

...and then went for it!

and loved every bite!

So since that rockin' party Eliza's been enjoying her presents from Oma, Grandpa Ron, and Aunt Abby. Especially this fun blue tunnel to play with outside! I foresee many fun days and games with this toy!

Steve and I got Eliza several things, including a barnyard set but she seemed to enjoy the box the most:
She liked dropping her things into it...

She manage to throw in two sippy cups, both of her socks that used to be on her feet, one shoe, and a paci!

She eventually was able to start enjoying the actually toy...
My favorite present that I found for Eliza on ebay were these adorable "Under the Nile" Organic Teether Toy Fruits!

They're made out of organic Egyption cotton and are handcrafted and machine washable, produced in an "environmentally friendly manner," are dyed with natural, heavy "metal-free" colors, and most importantly, they are "fair traded for the benefit of all people producing their products."... and they're adorable! I think they'll be fun toys with which Eliza can use her imagination!
We also got corn and broccoli... so cute!
Maybe we can save up for the next holiday and get a strawberry or banana or asparagus! We did get out of the house a little bit today to get some lunch at Stix-- a super yummy Mediterranean place in Pantops.

At the restaurant, Eliza showed off this impressive skill:

She can tell you how old she is!! Nice, huh?
It's hard to hear with all the background noise, but she was saying "one" also.

After lunch, Eliza fell asleep in the car so Steve and I decided to run to the mall and get Eliza some tennis shoes that would give her some sturdy support to encourage her walking skills. She woke up while we were there and we let her play on the plastic renditions of Jefferson's memoirs... she was REALLY good at climbing up the scrolls/slides and loved watching the big kids.
We actually ran into our friend Meredith and her two cute kids, so it was fun to visit with her!

Back at home we had some birthday dinner and Eliza got a little carried away with her partying...
Don't worry, it's just ABC root beer...! Nice sugary bday treat, right?

Here's a video clip of Steve and I serenading Eliza with the birthday song! Steve on violin and me on Kazoo... Eliza on vocals, castanets, and dancing--sort of.
(We got her a wooden set of musical instruments).



But we sure love our one year old sweety!
When she was a newborn EVERYONE said she looked more like Steve. And although I get several, "She looks just like you!" I think most of us know who she really looks like...
I love these pictures of my two loves!!!

We sure have come a long way in a year!

Happy Birthday 'Liza! Eliza means "God keeps his promises" or "God's gift," and we are so so grateful for the gift that she is in our lives!

5 comments:

Just Katy said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

Thirdmango said...

Wow, you all do look like you've grown up a lot in the past year. I love Steve's beard.

jenaprn08 said...

I enjoyed getting a glimpse of your fun April 30th. What a blessing Eliza has been in our lives! You two are wonderful parents.

Joan said...

Thanks for sharing the birthday celebration! So fun.

Abby said...

Wow! Amy that post was impressive! Happy Birthday, Liza!

Lilypie