CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A time of celebration

Today is Steve and my anniversary! It's been 3 years now for us. Thanks to all of you who have congratulated us! Especially Grandpa Bob for the sweet card!

Our anniversary is a funny time of year. It's squooshed in between Christmas, dad's birthday, and New Years! We've usually used up all our money at this point and are pretty partied out, so we often reward ourselves with a relaxing evening.

However, we started off our anniversary fun! Last night when I got home from work around 12:30 am, Steve surprised me with some chocolate orange Creme Brule, all ready to be sprinkled with sugar and torched!

This has become somewhat of a tradition for us, since we did it last year too! A Tasty tradition.

Steve gave me racquetball rackets for Christmas so he and I could play at our gym, so we went this morning and had a blast slamming and bouncing balls off the walls. (It was especially fun since I beat Steve. The results were 4 wins (me) to Love (steve). But we're both not so great. But many laughs were had and only a few imprinted ball bruises on our bodies!

So tonight we're staying in and doing something we love to do together- cooking! I gave Steve The Best International Recipe book for Christmas, and we picked up the ingredients to make some Venezuelan Stuffed Corn Cakes or Arepas and we're going to stuff them with a Chicken and Avocado Corn Cake Filling. We're excited and we'll let you know how it goes!

We were able to actually go out on a date a few days after Steve's birthday to the bowling Alley a few weeks ago! It was great even though Steve beat me. :( I've been practicing on the Wii, though, so my skills should definitely be much improved.

I'm grateful for the kind man that Steve is and for what a loving and nurturing father he is to Eliza:

(Steve and Eliza cuddling on the couch on Steve's bday while I made Steve's favorite Morrison meal Wienerschnitzel, mashed potatoes, green beens and sliced lemons for zesting!)

And here's just a random, fun picture of Eliza playing with the new little kitchen we got her on Christmas for $25 bucks on Ebay (including shipping!).

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

3 years! Wow! Happy Anniversary!

Just Katy said...

I can't believe it's already three years. Way to go!

jenaprn08 said...

Great job! Yay for you and Steve...you two are a great team.

Lilypie