CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

First Hair Cut!

No, not Eliza's! She's still au naturale!!


(This is Eliza's favorite winter hat. She picked it out herself at Wal-mart a few weeks back, and we think it's HILARIOUS!! Can you imagine this cutey running around the neighborhood in this? It's awesome.)

Steve's the freshly cut victim!


Steve being the frugal guy he is, has for a while been asking me to try to cut his hair for him. Why would anyone entrust their hair to me? I DON'T KNOW....!


But today we picked out a 10 dollar electric clipper with 4 different sized trimmers at Marshall's,
And we used our Elmo video time to do this:

Before:

Then halfway there...


It was actually a lot easier than I thought it'd be. But you can be the judge of that:

After:

I think Steve looks great! I've always been very picky about Steve's haircuts and have tried to bring the hair stylists pictures and give them detailed descriptions, recommendations on clipper #'s to use but with only varying success and satisfaction with the end result. I always want it shorter than they do it too.

So this was my chance, and I like it! Steve's hair grows sooo fast, so I hope this will buy us some more time.

Steve likes it too- seriously, he said that! and not under any threats of injury either! ;) I was worried that he was going to look in the mirror and be like, "What'd you do with my hair?!"

But Steve's just most excited that this haircut was like $10 cheaper than a hair cuttery one, AND it'll keep saving us money over and over. Gotta remember the bottom line.

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Its hard to tell what his hair looks like because it kind of blends in with the rug. But anything that saves money is a big plus in my book! Preston is so picky about his hair that I would never dream of trying to cut it.

jenaprn08 said...

Great work, Amy! How fun. Yay for Steve.

Barbara said...

Good job, Amy! I bet Steve will get spoiled by you cutting his hair and not want anyone else to do it.
I love Eliza's hat! So cute.

Lilypie