CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We voted!

(Eliza's holding her Obama sticker close to her heart.)

Our patriotic family, dressed blue to celebrate our fulfilled hope that Virginia would be a Blue State for Obama today! Virginia has not voted for a Democrat for president since Lyndon Johnson 44 years ago. We're excited to have helped that change happen!

Yes we can.

Steve had to stand in line for over an hour to cast his vote at 6am before he began his busy work day. Just about 12 hours later at 6:15pm, I breezed through the polls with no line and no waiting. Sometimes it pays to procrastinate (or to refuse to brave the polls with a wild woman 18 month old!).

Yahoo, Obama!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

The news reported your votes DID make a difference! (The under 30's voters) Way to go!!!

Last night was such an exciting and monumental event. My family and I are all soooo excited to have Barak Obama as our new president. What a great speech he gave.

Just Katy said...

Good job voting! It's a nice change to be living in blue state for the first time in over a decade, eh?

Libbi said...

Ok Ok, I am more red than blue so would say I am white but then that gives the wrong impression!!! I stood in line for 3 1/2 hours, Peter for an hour on crutches and Pete and Andrew did curbside because Andrew has a fracture in his back and can't stand that long (the lines were 4 hour then). My candidate lost but I tip my hat to Obama and will offer him my support (limited as it is) because to be honest, I am red, white and blue...trite as it sounds, I really love being American where we can all have our own opinion and still be friends!!! You'll have to check out LaNelle's recent blog...she caught alot of flak from some narrowminded people but I couldn't agree with her more... congratulations on your big win and casting your vote!!!!!

Lilypie