CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Dashing Baby Reuben!!!


Steve, Eliza, and I got to go up and meet the most adorable baby ever on Monday! We were sooo excited for Kate and Aaron AND Eliza's FIRST cousin, Reuben James Cummings.

Eliza seemed to vascillate between being fascinated by her baby cousin and horrified by him. Mostly horrified by me holding him. She's massively jealous anytime she sees me holding ANYONE else- whether it's hugging another adult or cradling a doll or real baby.
Eliza would demand, "Up!" every time she caught me holding Reuben. Somehow Mom pressured me into trying to hold Reuben and Eliza in my lap at the same time. It made me very grateful that Eliza won't be having a new sibling any time soon.
Eliza got to enjoy some TLC time with her Oma while we were meeting Reuben. The last 3 days since we visited, she's been pointing out all the pictures we have of my mom around the house, and then at other random times just calling out, "MOma! MOma!" especially like when I'm changing her diaper or something. It's really funny. Maybe she thinks Mom will pop out suddenly to entertain her like she did at Kate and Aaron's apartment.
It comes as no surprise to anyone that Aaron seems to be a really awesome and fun dad. Katy and Aaron already seem like freakin' great parents. Lucky Reuben!It was also sooo neat to see the adorable bond that Kate and Reuben already have! Katy is amazing. In the picture below (which I can't get to be any bigger), you can see that Reuben's just staring right up at Katy. So neat.And did I mention that Reuben is a gorgeous baby? He's like a doll (in a not creepy way). I'm so excited to be his aunt. I think Eliza and I might take a trip up in a few days to party with Katy and Reuben some more!! I can't wait!

Congrats Kate and Aaron!

Welcome, Reuben!

4 comments:

Sarah H said...

It's funny to see the picture of Arm lifting Reuban with one hand and having the box of "Arm & Hammer" in the front corner of the photo. i don't know if that was intentional or not, but it's funny nonetheless.

Sarah H said...

I meant--Aaron lifing Reuban, not arm lifting reuban.

Leigh This Way said...

Oh my, congrats to Katy and her little boy is so adorable.

Just Katy said...

Wow, great picture. I'm going to have to steal them. Can't wait to see you again!

Lilypie