CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Ridiculous

Steve found this article on the Drudge Report.
Apparently this morning a Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back." 4 other people suffered injuries including a pregnant woman who had to be taken to the hospital.

I can't believe people would risk other people's lives for something as stupid as shopping and obsessive materialism. I'm appalled and disgusted.

Merry Christmas?

4 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

"Black Friday" is a day when I refuse to do any shopping. It's crazy.

Abby said...

That's awful. It makes you think about how even with all the technology, we're still like animals.

Leigh This Way said...

I think Black Friday is absolutly ridiculous. When I worked at Best Buy we asked the people that were first in line when they had gotten there and they said that they got there early Thanksgiving morning. I was like you missed Thanksgiving with your family and they said that they could have dinner with their family anytime they wanted to. I totally hate black friday because it brings out the absolute worst in people.

Libbi said...

NOW NOW NOW...I too was APPALLED by that report and Peter put a video on his facebook that we laughed at but really did document mayhem...however; I have great fun on Black Friday shopping at Tanger outlets with my extended family at midnight *MUCH CALMER GROUP OF PEOPLE* but we also had fun getting to Walmart early and getting "hot" electronics and then giving them to people on the fringes of the crowd...SO MUCH FUN!

Lilypie