CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Beautiful Day

It was a historical day this Sunday, Nov 2nd. It was Eliza's first admittance into our church's Nursery class. The Nursery class is for kids 18 mo. - 3 yrs old, and we've been looking forward to this day for a long, long, long time.

So now Steve and I only walk the halls with Eliza during the first ~hour of sacrament, instead of all 3 hours of church!

Eliza's nursery leader, Allison, actually babysits for us and is awesome. Eliza loves her. Apparently Eliza was the first kid to get to class on Sunday. Allison asked her if she wanted to sit in a chair and Eliza hopped right up and was all set to go. Didn't even blink when Steve made his exit. The pick-up report was all thumbs up and smiles too!

I attribute Eliza's smooth transition to nursery to 1) Her high-spirited, exploratory nature 2) The fact that I've been taking her to the gym child care center ~4 days a week since she was like 3 months old and teaching her that I come back after an hour every time. 3) Using babysitters, family members, and Steve to leave her well-cared for with and happy so that she's not overly enmeshed and dependent on me for her emotional security (for now at least!).

Nursery is Truly something to be grateful for!! I was starting to consider offering bribes where ever I could to get Eliza in early! We're still primary teachers, though, so our adult spiritual nourishment during the church meeting remains at a minimum.

(All the Sunday report was relayed to me via Steve b/c I ended up having to work an overnight shift at work Saturday night due to short staffing, so I was home asleep on Sunday.)

4 comments:

Barbara said...

My new calling is in nursery. I love the kids. How fun to be able to imagine Eliza in there.

Just Katy said...

Wow, Eliza sounds like a dream kid for the nursery leader. It would be awesome if every kid was like her.

jenaprn08 said...

Eliza is going to have fun learning the music and listening to stories. I am so glad the nursery leader is someone she already knows.

Mike and Allie Vedomske said...

I am so sad I'm not Eliza's nursery leader anymore! She is really our best behaved kid! She sits still the whole time for the lesson and singing and plays without any drama. She is SUCH a sweet girl!

Lilypie