CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fair Feathers Food Fun Family Home Evening

We spent our Family Home Evening a few weeks ago at the SC State Fair. So Eliza, Abby and I met up with Mom & Dad and Katy, Aaron & Reuben.

We had a blast! But if I'm gonna keep this blog going during the rest of this semester, I'm going to have the pictures speak for themselves.

The Caterpillar Rollercoaster! This was the only ride Eliza rode. But she rode it three times! Once as soon as we got there with me. After eating during the middle of our time there with Oma. And then on our way out with Aunt Abby! She was just barely 36" -- just barely tall enough to ride the littliest, easiest kiddie rides. She was excited to ride them but did not want to ride them without me, so that left like 3 ride options.

Caterpillar it was!

If you look closely, you can see Eliza and me in the right corner.

The animal barns were the best part for Eliza, I think.

I had Eliza pose with the peacocks! If you have been around Eliza lately you know why!

For you out-of-towners, the peacock is Eliza's favorite animal to impersonate. Even though I have attempted several times to teach her what sound the peacock makes by showing her youtube videos, etc., she continues to say that the peacock makes this terrible loud, growling honk that sounds like a dying goat! Maybe I should try to get a video of it. She also has a peacock beanie baby that she would take EVERYWHERE if I let her.

She loves her some peacock!

Goats and Sheep. We ran into some friends, the Sheridan's who were riding the Elephants and Camels, and Br. Sheridan shared some sheep food with Eliza. Eliza was ecstatic.


Eliza loooooovvvvvvedddddd riding the pony! She was adorable.

These llama's were crazy smart! And really soft too! He was like eating out of the food machine before I had even turned the knob. Eliza really like them until I got some food and then she just wanted me to do it.

The fair food was a hit as always. Check out Kate's blog to hear more about it. Below, however, is a picture of me right after I took a bite of a "Pig Licker" or the chocolate and powder sugar covered bacon thing. BLAH!

I'll try everything once?
This last Friday, we also attended the annual little Halloween carnival at Pine Island put on by my dad's company. Eliza only wanted to keep her costume on for like 5 minutes. Oh well. At least she was nice enough to try to share her Nerd's with Reuben!

What are older cousins for but to expose you to hard, small, choking-hazardous sugar items...?
Abby and I hadn't gotten quiet enough out of the fair on Monday night, so we went back out on Friday night after Eliza and the old folks were in bed. (Well... Dad was actually still awake when we got back)

I think we ended up riding every single crazy, scary, adult ride plus some. I only got nauseous once, and that was right after finishing off a 10-inch gyro that I shared with Abby right before hopping on the ride that drops like 10 stories in 2 seconds.

Otherwise, it was a complete blast, and we stayed until the rides stopped running! Abby was the best fair date EVA! Thanks, Boo!

4 comments:

Just Katy said...

The fair was a party. I Love the picture of Eliza slipping Reuben choking hazards. R looks so innocent.

jenaprn08 said...

I love the fair. I am glad you and Abby could go back and do the rides--poor Abby usually gets stuck with me, and I don't do rides as well anymore. I would have liked more time at the fair, but it was another great FHE!

Cole and Jenn said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast!- I love and miss the SC fair!!

eNJay & B said...

eliza's hair is so long. my how she's growing.

Lilypie