CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Turkey Trot: How to Train to Run a 5k Race in Four Weeks

So in 5 weeks, some of my family and I are going to run in the SC Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Ninth Annual Dan Davis Memorial TURKEY TROT!

Race information can be found HERE.
I think the last time I ran in it was like in 2002. It was really fun. The course goes through downtown Columbia.

I've been working out consistently, but not hard core. But I like a challenge to work towards that's not related to weight loss or something like that. Honestly, I wish I could just be playing soccer, but I don't have time to belong to a team.

Anyways, so Cool Runnings website has these 4 steps to preparing for a 5k or How to Train to Run a 5k Race in Four Weeks eHow.com. I think I might start at Step #3, though.

I'm curious to see what I can get my time down to. Doubtful that I'll break 21 minutes like in high school, but perhaps I can keep up with Abby who's been training hard core during this cross country season. It'd be nice if I can average about 8 minute miles.

We'll see.... I can already feel my sides cramping.

Anyone want to join in?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I would love to run in the Turkey trot but if I have to be in as good of shape as Abby, then I would not survive. This summer when we hiked, she was way ahead of me. I will look forward to hearing how you and your family do!

Just Katy said...

If i keep hesitating I'm going to be in a world of hurt. I should probably start training...

jenaprn08 said...

It'll be fun!

eNJay & B said...

that sounds fun. i used to do a turkey trot back in oregon as a youth. the winners got a free turkey. unfortunately i never won.

good luck getting in shape. i have to start running again now that i'm over my cold.

eNJay & B said...

that sounds fun. i used to do a turkey trot back in oregon as a youth. the winners got a free turkey. unfortunately i never won.

good luck getting in shape. i have to start running again now that i'm over my cold.

Lilypie