CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Child of God serenades a cockroach


So we had the bug man come through and spray last week. So since then, some dead bugs have turned up in the basement.

Every time Eliza sees any bug (dead of alive), she says, "Ooo! Mommy, a BUG!"

But when it's a dead bug, for some reason, Eliza has developed a really strange but sweet(?) system for dealing with it.

She sings to it, of course! What else would you do?

And what song does she sing? Well, she starts out with the last line of I Am a Child of God, which goes, "Teach me all that I must do to live with him someday!" and then she goes on into the rest of the song from the beginning.

Then when she finishes the song, she looks up and smiles at me, and says, "Mommy, they're happy now!"

So not really how I had envisioned the song's usage when I taught her I Am A Child of God recently, but that's neat...?

After all, God cares about each little sparrow, so that applies to the lowly cockroaches too, right?

I guess I'm glad to see Eliza showing some compassion to the little creatures, however gross they are.

5 comments:

Joan said...

How cute! I agree that showing compassion is a good sign.

Just Katy said...

Bwa ha ha! That's hilarious. Eliza will make an awesome entomologist.

jenaprn08 said...

I think she has the idea that I am a child of God has to do with life, death and God's love? Sweet girl.

Sarah H said...

I've heard it said that insects are God's favorite creature because there are so many different species. (Maybe more than any other creature?) Although I really hope if I make it to heaven, there aren't any insects around.

Cole and Jenn said...

HOW CUTE! I love love love little children and the things they teach me! that is sooooo sweet.

Lilypie