CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog blog blog...


Kate got me hooked on the Real Simple Magazine. I recently bought myself one in the check-out line and thoroughly devoured it from cover to cover over the weekend (slow time at work).

They had a piece on blogs and listed some of their staff's favorite blogs. So before I post them on my 'Other Noteworthy blogs of people I wish were my friends' list, some of my favorites that they listed are:

smittenkitchen.com
An enthusiastic kitchen amateur chronicles her adventures, offering a mix of easy recipes, smart and witty commentary, and beautiful photos.
apartmenttherapy.com
Decorating ideas and resources for homes and budgets of all sizes. Submit photos of a space that needs help and readers and editors will offer suggestions.

www.budgetfashionista.com
Points readers to on- and off-line deals on clothes and accessories, dispensing fashion advice along the way.

www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com
This is one of my special favorites. From city streets around the world, a fashion-loving photographer posts stylish looks spotted on real folks, not models. It's great people watching...

well.blogs.nytimes.com
Health columnist talks with the experts and sifts through the research, then translates the science of health into practical pointers on sleep, sex, diet, kids' well-being, and more. I especially enjoyed this video about SNL taking on drug companies and their ads:


www.coolmompicks.com
Scouting report on the latest and coolest in everything from kiddie (and mommy) clothes to cribs and cookbooks, with links to the sites that sell them.

www.parenthacks.com
Real parents offer inventive solutions to the problems of child rearing.

www.nymag.com/daily/entertainment/
Two bloggers who profess to "love/hate pop culture like we love/hate nothing else" bring smarts and irony to New York magazine's eclectice coverage of music, books, TV, art, and film. And they feature fun stuff like male pattern baldness on American Idol and fun quotes like this by Will Ferrell:
"I don't know how I won it. I've never been on a list like that, either positively or negatively before. God only knows, but it's probably because I punched this 8-year-old kid in the face at the airport one day, and he wanted an autograph." Will Ferrell on why he was named the worst autographer by Autograph magazine [A.V. Club]

www.firstshowing.net
See movie trailers and reviews, plus exclusive interviews with film-makers and cinema-related news.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

2 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

I am looking forward to enjoying that magazine at home. It sounds great!

Just Katy said...

Fun Stuff. Thanks for all the links.

Lilypie