CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My New Gym Friend

So it was one of those days at the gym where I had arrived too late to sneak into the aerobics class, and I wasn't feeling motivated enough to make myself jog on the treadmill when I wandered by this thing-- the Expresso Fitness Bike, my new gym friend.
I thought it was a pretty corny machine when I first hopped on, but I thought biking would be good on my knee that has been a little funky and achy of late. But now I'm addicted to this machine! It's like an interactive video game, and it REALLY makes me sweat. It kept my heart rate b/t 120 -140 which is great for biking and actually has bars that move for steering, gear shifts, and resistance for hills.
Plus it has awesome graphics. I can choose if I want to take a "sunset stroll" or bike through the "rolling redwoods" or lost Mayan ruins or even use some weird-o flying dragon, fireball character to consume other bikers in fire.If we ever buy our kids video games, this is totally gonna be the kind of thing we'll have to get. Maybe it'll be cheaper by then.

What really sold me on this bike is that I can set the pacer to like 70 and then bike at a 140 pace and that means that every time I come across any other biker, I can totally pass them. The old cross-country competitor in me is lovin' it.

This totally tops trying to up my tredmill speed higher than the guys' next to me. It's the best of all combinations: cardio, competition, and entertainment. All wrapped up in one sweaty package!

And yes, I realize this is probably the nerdiest post ever, but I just wanted to share the love for all you fellow-gym goers out there...

5 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

I think it sounds cool!

Just Katy said...

Wow, that's totally what goes on in my head when I ride. Looks fun!

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

Keep consuming those bikers in fire, sis-in-law.

Abby said...

Wow, Amy! First Mario, now this. It looks really fun.

Joe and Tammy said...

i can't wait til i can be one of those fellow gym goers...and that bike might be #1 on my list. i have to get lost in something in order to work out at a gym. i can't just look out a window at the traffic passing, or (heaven forbid) watch myself in a mirror the whole time! that's probably the most ingenious idea ever, and from what you said about picking out what kind of ride you wanted, it covers the whole range of people. and for the record, i was probably just scrubbing my toilet b/c someone was coming over.

Lilypie