CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm in love with a girl

Steve and Eliza returned safely from Utah yesterday evening. Eliza was really really really exhausted, and really didn't like being stuck in her car seat the extra 3 hours it took us to get home from DC last night when, umm, the driver that wasn't me, decided to take an inadvertent tour of DC and Alexandria, the Regan Airport, 495, the view of the Capitol building across the bay, and Kate and Aaron's apartment (but they weren't home). I didn't appreciate it too much either. I hate getting lost.

Life is kinda hard right now. Or really hard, but I guess that's where the phrase, "That's life for ya!" comes from.

When we give our clients medications for pain or anxiety, we have them rate their pain on a scale of 1-10. One being not bad and 10 being like the worst ever. I think I'd have to rate my pain right now at a 6. But that's only because I'm in good physical health. I even ran a mile in under 8 minutes this morning for part of my workout. I needed the endorphins...

Steve did get some great pictures of his and Eliza's trip to Utah. I asked him to report on the trip on here since he knows what went down. It sounds like they had a REALLY fantastic time seeing grandparents, parents, brothers, cousins, and friends. Thanks to everyone who made their trip such a blast!

It was funny for me to not have Steve and Eliza around for a whole like 6 days. But since two of those days involved me traveling to and from a funeral and burying my best friend, I had less time to sit around and think about how much I missed them.

The other days I mostly spent getting Acudetox certified at work. I now am trained to administer Auricular Accupuncture for our clients during groups. Now I just need to conduct 40 accupuncture groups to fulfill my clinical hours. I'm really excited and proud of my new skill. The class was fascinating. Hopefully I can do another post explaining Acudetox later.

Eliza is my silver lining, though. It's amazing how resilient she is. How she just hops right back into our routine. I'm excited to be back on schedule with my baby buddy. Tonight on my dinner break from work, I let Eliza out of her car seat, and she took off down the street! She made a bee-line for the trail down to the park, so I grabbed a jacket and followed her down while Steve went in to work on dinner.

In the light of the setting sun, Eliza and I headed out on our adventure that quickly became a pine cone scavenger hunt. Eliza ran just about the whole way to the playground, only looking back to hand me pine cones. She then had a blast throwing her pine cones down the slide one by one and then sliding down after then. She is hilarious.

When we came back inside, Eliza was bopping around with Steve and me in the kitchen and saw my work badge hanging off the bottom of my shirt. She reached up for it and looked at my picture on it and then went up on her tippy toes and gave my picture a kiss. And then gave it like 5 more kisses. I'm in love with that girl.

3 comments:

Just Katy said...

Sorry we missed you!! We were at our birthing class. -8 minute mile is impressive. I'm so jealous.

Barbara Irwin said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Amy. I am sure this must be a very hard time after loosing Amber.
How wonderful to have sweet Eliza filling your life with love and delight.

Dan Cummings said...

Please do post more on Acudetox. You have me interested. Coincidentally, one of the funniest things I hear every day (for me) is hearing people rate their pain as an 11 on the 10 point scale. Yeah, I shouldn't laugh, but it's not at their pain, just their response...

Lilypie