CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grrrrowl!


I just got done with Eliza's pre-nap storytime, and my throat is sore! This is due to the fact that Eliza's favorite part of every single book I read to her is finding any sort of animal that might growl, pointing it out and growling... and continuing to point it out and growl until I do the same. Apparently it's starting to wear on my vocal chords?

Eliza loves doing animal sounds, but even her sheep's "baa" and goat's "maa" is just a growl that starts with the B or M sound. And her elephant is not much different from a growl either.

Another storytime habit of Eliza's lately, especially when she's either really excited or really spent, is to point out a book for us to read to her, and then as soon as we start reading it, she flips through all of the pages until she finds her favorite. It can be kind of frustrating, but like in our Big Little book she will flip right to the page with the Mommy and Daddy on one page and point them out excitedly. Then we'll continue reading for a page or two and she flips right back to it.

I like that she's really noticing and figuring out what the pictures are portraying, but it makes it hard to get through any of the books all the way. Thank goodness for the library. I think Eliza, Steve, and I all have had Eliza's dozens of books memorized for quite some time now. So we're now open for donations...

I think that growling is a real fav for a lot of kids Eliza's age. Yesterday at the library, I was reading the Eric Carle Zoo book to Eliza, and she was growling away with the lions and bears and crocodiles, etc and a little boy whose about Eiza's age from our Mother Goose Story Time class was sitting a few feet away from us and he started growling right along with us. It was funny. A chorus of growls in the kid's section.

2 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

When you guys would get tired and start zooming through the stories, Iwould put it up or just talk about that one page. I did insist on one book at a time though. I would put the other books out of reach so we could finish with one before we started another. I am so glad she likes books. We will start adding to her book collection!

Just Katy said...

Eliza is one Fierce little girl!

Lilypie