CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Slippery Possessions

I don't know what my problem is, but I'm losing everything, including my mind.

Last week, I drove off with my cell phone on the roof of the car. I've actually done this before, but I saw it slid into the rode in front of me at a red light and was able to retrieve it. This time I didn't realize until about 5 minutes down the rode. I was at the grocery store and put it on the roof while I got Eliza into her car seat.

Then I turned around and closed the passenger door while I put the cart away. Then I came back to the car on the driver's side and didn't even think about my poor little phone that was destined to be demolished somewhere on highway 29. So it's gone. If you want to reach me, I can check messages on my voicemail, but otherwise just call Steve's number 8063428.

Soooo, YESTERDAY!! Even worse. Eliza and I were leaving the gym. I was carrying the diaper bag and my gym bag. I set the diaper bag into the car and put my gym back down on the ground, while I strapped Eliza in. Then closed the door to go around to the driver's side (see the theme?) and must have left my gym bag in the parking lot.

Steve went by an hour later and it was gone. The gym said no one had turned anything in to the lost and found either.

Unfortunately, in my gym bag I had my tennis shoes, work out clothes, MAKEUP BAG, Hygeine bag with brush, deoderant, victoria secret perfume, soap, shampoo/conditioner, etc. The worst, though, is that it also had my WALLET in it!!! ahhhh! ::deep sigh::

No one's tried to call me yet to return it either, so I guess it's time to start cancelling the debit card and credit cards. That person's probably going to be pretty dissapointed to find that there's not really any money there. I guess I need to go through the stupid DMV process for my license too. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I hate making those kind of calls and errands.

Wish me luck. :( Sorry to whine.

4 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

You deserved a good whine on that one. What an awful run of bad luck!

Joan said...

I used to have the problem with leaving the gas cap on the top of the car, so now I always put it on top of the gas pump. At least it is more likely I could find it again.

Leigh This Way said...

Dang! That really stinks. Hope something good is around the corner.

Barbara said...

I agree with your mom, Amy; you deserve a good whine! I often have those type of problems before a move. Moving is soooooo stressful! I feel anxious just thinking about it.

Lilypie