CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Saturday is a special day... at the playground!

Eliza's discovery of the week is...

...the playground!

Steve reliving his Jurassic Park days!


Mika came on our park adventure with us, but didn't enjoy swinging...

She was really worn out and also very hungry too, and she's not a big fan of bright sunlight. I think Steve and I had a lot more fun than she did, but Saturday's are meant for playing outside, right?

We were kinda puzzled as to why Eliza wasn't more thrilled or excited about being in a real playground swing, but then we realized that we always put her in her baby swing to nap in, so... what else could we expect, right?


Sleepy baby done with the playground!

My discovery of the week is...

...SLEEP!!! Yay, Eliza! She has learned to sleep through the night AND put her self to sleep! Oh my goodness, could we be more ecstatic?! We weren't sure how this week would go trying to sleep train her, but the results have been so great.

Thursday night: Eliza cried SO loud and hard for just about a half hour. I was sick also, so we were all miserable. But Eliza didn't wake up until 4:45am! getting better...!

Friday night: She cried for just over an hour- OUCH! Steve and I made sugar cookies, and the mixer did a good job of blocking out her cries for us :( But Eliza didn't wake up until after 6 the next morning!

But Steve and I had a fun stay-in Friday night date decorating turtle, heart, circle and bird cookies with various frosting colors. Don't be deceived by Steve's resume, the cool cookies were all made by me... :p




Saturday night: Eliza cried for just under ten minutes and then was out until 5!

Tonight (Sunday): Eliza cried for only a couple of minutes, and then I just heard her kinda babble to herself for a couple more minutes before drifting off....! Yay! We're so proud of you, Baby!

I kinda miss co-sleeping with baby. It's such a sweet time with her, but we still take naps together sometimes! And we both are feeling SO great getting a good night's rest.

2 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

Maybe we can visit V. Hylton park when you are visiting...maybe when she's not as tired? I can tell you two are fun parents.

Marlo said...

I'm glad Eliza is doing so well with crying it out at such a young age. She's a cutie!

Lilypie