CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Punch Drunk Love

I decided to post early this week because tomorrow Eliza and I take off for a two week vacation in SC! I'm going down there to help my mom out with the transportation and companionship of my little sister, Abby, while my dad is vacationing with his father in Hawaii!

I'm sooo excited, but poor Steve- he's the only one who doesn't really benefit from this set-up. However, I think it'll give him some nice relaxing time to catch up on sleep and some of his free lance illustration.

Eliza's discovery of the week is...

...babbling and teething and punching!

It's been a progressive week for us! Perhaps with all the extra sleep we've been getting around here, we've been a little more productive! But Eliza has been busy with teething woes and drool, but not too busy to have very serious and enthusiastic conversations with me and treating me and her toys all like punching bags. She's going to be a strong woman- watch out world!

Here are two of the many funny faces
Eliza has been making with her teething
when her hand isn't jammed in her mouth.

There's quite a bump on her bottom gums
that foreshadows the appearance of a tooth
any day now (we hope).

Eliza was talking a bunch to me as long as I kissed her,
so here's a kinda funny video where
you can pretend
you're looking thru my eyes...? since the camera moves with me.


This is what it's like playing with Eliza! Playing=punching!
She has started p
unching everything in her arm span...
which often includes me- ouch.

My discovery of the week is...

probably that I'm employable. But also that I'm a much better mother after finishing Harry Potter (I finished the 7th book and Eliza seems very happy to have her mother back and Steve his wife-jk).

Singing Time!! This week after Eliza has woken up from her morning nap, and I'm ready to starting getting chores done, and she's ready to play, we've had some singing time.

This consists of me propping her up on the bed, couch, or table in her bumbo with various toys while I lean over the ironing board, laundry that's being sorted, or this week, the suitcase I'm packing, and we SING!

There is no picture or video of this b/c nobody is allowed to witness this time except Eliza (not that they'd want to)! We sing versions of songs ranging from Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree to selections from Wicked to Bishop Allen and Regina Spektor. Eliza doesn't care if I get the lyrics wrong and thinks it's really funny and often even sings or talks back to me... or just laughs, which is the traditional response to my singing.

So many times in the evening or on the weekend if I start singing to myself then Steve's response is, "What did you say?"

"I'm singing! Can't you tell?" :(

"Oh... sorry."

I guess I'll keep saving it for the shower and Eliza at 10 in the morning.

2 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

I love the clip showing Eliza grasping the beads. My professor was just saying that 4 month olds don't grasp, they just bat at things and I thought, I am pretty sure Eliza is grasping...but we knew Eliza was ahead of the game.
I used to sing to you guys. I am not a good singer, but you all seemed to enjoy the "joyful noise" that I made.

Just Katy said...

I get the same response from Aaron when I try to sing. I'm singing happily and then Aaron says, What? Did you say something?
Sigh-no.

Lilypie