CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 2, 2007

DOW: Bumbo and Baking

It's been a fun week for us! Eliza just seemed SO grown up to me this week- maybe it was her official 4 mnth birthday! But she's just so full of smiles and has filled our home with giggles and shrieks of laughter- it's so much fun! She laughs now more than she cries!! Such a wonderful development!

Eliza's discovery of the week is...


her new Bumbo!

We got it from Target, and Eliza has really enjoyed it! Which means that we have loved it too! It is a snug and cozy infant chair that supports her back so they can sit up and look around (I feel like a commercial! bumbo should be paying me...).

Eliza loves being able to see more of what's going on around her. We can set it up on the table at dinner while we eat, and it's great b/c she's at our eye level (which is her favorite)! And it also is great for me when I want to do things with two hands like put dishes away or sort laundry!

I was actually referred to it by Aaron who said that his cousin and her baby had loved it. Great recommendation, Uncle Aaron! Thanks!
Other discoveries for this week include... mommy and daddy FOOD which she loves to grab, that she can drink bath water, her ability to watch the bright lights and exciting sounds on the TV (which I don't like), and that if she hits Daddy long enough in the mornings, he might eventually get up with her!!

She is such a funny kid. At one point a few evenings ago, I was getting tired and Eliza was WIDE awake and I saw this excited glint in her eyes like I'm ready to PARTY, and I was like, "Steve! What are we gonna do when she can actually run around or crawl! We are going to be slammed!"

She is just so curious and excited about discovering her world! She is so busy all day that she is totally pooped by 7pm almost every night!

Mom reminded me this week how much we'll have to baby-proof our apartment in just a short time! Yikes, I hadn't even thought of that!

Now I'm looking around at all the low lying books, chords, and hard corner edges. We've got our arms full!

Steve and my discovery of the week is...


pajama baking
that we love late-night baking!

For some reason this week and last, Steve and I have had a lot of fun baking cookies together. We made the baklava bars last week, double chocolate cookies for my visiting teachees (and us), and then for Aaron's birthday we made these chocolate cookies with coconut cheesecake filling (pictured above).

It's been really fun for us to have that time to do something together after baby is in bed, away from the TV and computer and our books and magazines. We make a ridiculous mess out of our teeny kitchen, but the chocolate and bonding benefits surpass the mess of dishes!

Other highlights of our week:

Uncle Aaron's Surprise Bday party! We had fun visiting with the Cummings! Great party Kate, Thanks!

Eliza waiting for the party to start!
Eliza after an hour of partying...

Also, confession of the week is that I remembered how much I LOVE The Sound of Music! It's been on TV lately the last few nights, and I have loved seeing it. I feel dorky, but I've loved singing along with it to Eliza.

Stay tuned for her 4 mnth check up updates this week! We're excited!

5 comments:

Abby said...

The bongo does seem like it would be hard to describe. I'm glad y'all were able to make it to Aaron's party. It sounded like it would have been fun. I'm glad Eliza is laughing more. I can't wait to have y'all down here!

Sarah H said...

The bumpo still cracks me up. She looks like she's chillin in an over stuffed lazy boy chair.
Thanks again for all the help with the party!

jenaprn08 said...

What a fun week! She is so tuned in to what you are doing, I bet she loves the bumbo. It sounds like a great invention. Thanks for the great post!

Just Katy said...

Sarah's comment is really mine. I want credit. I accidently used her account. Sorry Sarah.

GrandpaBob said...

Your blog is truly enjoyable. Great photos of Eliza make me almost feel I know her. She sure is cute. Wonderful description of your activies. I look forward to see more in the future.

Sound of Music is also one of my all time favorites. The local PCPA theater at Hancock are putting it on in Nov.

Lilypie