CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Wish List anyone?

Todays Mama and Provo Craft are offering $3800 in prizes, including a Madsen bicycle, Amber Alert GPS, and goodies from Provo Craft! FUN!

Mamas-Wishlist-300x246

All you need to do is:

Answer the following questions and send a link back to Today’s Mama and Provo Craft using this link. Then, tag 10 friends.

All instructions here.

AND I actually thought the questions were fun, sooo...

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?

  • Black clogs that have thick rubber soles and can be comfortable but nice enough to wear to work. Something like this or maybe this or go for really fun, not as practical with this or this or this! or this ... OK, I'll just go make a shoe wish list on Amazon.
  • A new charger for my camera so I can finally use it again!

  • Music to work out to on my IPOD or clothes to work out in.

  • Next semester's textbooks paid for. (pretty boring, right?)

  • Target Gift Card (that's kind of a wish for more wishes stunt)

Can I add a dream list?
  • Iphone
  • A Job lined up for when I graduate in May?!! that I enjoy, has flexible hours, and benefits. Too much to ask?

  • Kindle
  • My own house

  • Furniture

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you ever received?

  • Probably Aunt Joan's origami money creations that I look forward to getting every year! In the past I've received a money picture frame, jewelry, mobile of cranes, and much much more awesome origami.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?

  • Maybe to sew or embroider something for my mom or sisters. Last year I made them all purple beaded necklaces! Mom's the only one who wears hers, though.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you ever received as a child?

  • Hmm, hard to pick just one. The year that grandpa got us a trampoline was pretty exciting. The little boom box I got at age 11 pretty much rocked my world for years until someone broke into our house and stole it. But then insurance gave us money to replace it so I got an even bigger stereo that I still have/use today!

5. What items are top on your kids’ wish list this year?

  • Probably anything princess (suppressing gag).

  • Art supplies

  • A Dollhouse with little toy people or animals to play in it!

Eliza is SUCH a thankful child. Lots of times when I hand something to her, be it a sippy cup, her rain coat, a stuffed animal, or some food, she says so enthusiastically, "Mommy you got this for me? From the store? Oh, THANK YOU, MOMMY!" It's soo cute and sweet.

Then she goes around and tells everyone, "My mommy got me a new [raincoat]!" even though she's had it for months already. So maybe I'll wrap a beanie baby that we already own, and I bet she'll still be excited! (I'm on a tight budget, ok?)

Eliza also pretends to give people and her toys imaginary presents and has me act out that they unwrap them and are so excited to see that they got an imaginary flower, some fruit, a toy, a sticker, a toothbrush, or some other random object that Eliza has an affinity for.

6. What is your favorite holiday food?

  • Peppermint Ice Cream or Chic-fil-a's peppermint chocolate chip shake. YUM!
  • Mom's Christmas wreath cookies and gingerbread cookies.

  • Our shepherd's meal on Christmas eve where we eat what the shepherds might have eaten before they saw the star... homemade bread, cheese, dried fruit, grape juice, nuts, and some fresh fruit. We all sit down and eat it picnic style by the fireplace and read the nativity story.

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?

  • A new fabric quiet book for Eliza for church! We already have two that Mom and I made for Abby back in the day, and Eliza loves 'em! but they've lost some of their pieces.

  • I have some other things in the works, but mums the word!

8. Favorite holiday songs:

  • Winter Song by Sarah Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson

  • Straight-up hymns

  • MoTab carols

  • Some classical music that I don't feel like talking about.

9. Favorite holiday pastime?

  • Sleeping
  • Eating
  • Playing games with my family!
  • Baking with my mom.
  • This year, studying for my MSW licensure exam that's in February!

Now tag 10 friends:

What if i don't have 10 friends, especially who have blogs? Umm, Katy, Abby, Mom, Aunt Barbara, Jennifer, Rebecca, Abigail, Kim, Sheridan Ladies!, Sarah H., Sarah A., your mother, and you if you're reading this!

BUT it won't hurt my feelings if you're not feeling it!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my heck I bought a cheaper reconditioned Kindle and I LOVE IT!!! You definately need to get one.
I miss you!!!
Kim Kowallis

Barbara Irwin said...

It was fun to read all your holiday favorites. I will try to work on mine. :)

Just Katy said...

I want a kindle too. Maybe one magic day we'll all have kindles :)

jenaprn08 said...

You will be in shock, but I actually did this! 1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
a. Watch that I can read (I admit that my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be)
b. A way to listen to music in my office
c. A painting from Katy
d. Experience type gifts—like a trip to the beach with my family or a girls night out with my girls or a basketball game with Ron
e. Agility equipment? An agility class?

2.What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
f. It’s hard to pick a favorite because I am a Mom—I treasure the gifts made by my kids—the necklace Amy made me last year, the paintings Katy has given me, the pots from art classes, the bowl my Mom painted for me, etc
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I am not a crafty person. My mother-in-law (who was very talented) made each one of my kids a monogrammed Christmas stocking. That would be a great gift
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
I loved getting a good book each Christmas. There was something so “delicious” about curling up with a good book on Christmas day after all the unwrapping was done.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? See Amy’s list above. I believe Katy would like some practical well made basics for her wardrobe, she likes games, too and her Christmas is not complete without a new book. Robby might also be able to use clothes, but he would also love some new shoes. A ticket to DC for the spring? Abby loves books and jewelry and would also like gift cards for clothes shopping.
6. What is your favorite holiday food? Cookies, of course!
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? Cookies, of course.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie? A Christmas Carol or Miracle on 34th Street.
9. Favorite holiday song? Come Lord Jesus,Come
10. Favorite holiday pastime? Making cookies and taking them to friends, playing games at home with family, family soccer games and hikes?

Lilypie