CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We still don't have internet....

... but I'm at Mom and Dad's house. Apparently the local internet/phone company couldn't come get us set up for a week and two days after we requested it. We've been going through withdrawals!

(Moving day. Moving is miserable. Enough said.)

I made it through my first "Week" of grad school classes. That is, I don't have class again until Monday, but I do have homework, reading, and papers to write before then.

For those of you who don't know. I'm taking two classes (6 credits total) in the month of June which are Social Work Research Methods and Human Behavior in the Larger Social Environment. I will then take two more (6 credits) in the month of July. I'll have the first week of August off, and then I jump into the Fall Semester (2nd year Social Work Master's program).

Eliza's going through some great Southern Acculturation thus far. She LOVES boiled peanuts almost as much as her mom (I'm so proud!!). However, she's still not quite a gamecock. Today at the Lexington Library, Cockie the Game Cock (USC's mascot) came to do story time for the kids as part of the summer reading kick off. As soon as Eliza saw him, her eyes got really wide and turned to Steve and nervously said, "Go home!?"

The best part of this move has been having Mom, Dad, and Abby down the street. Awesome. I don't know how we've lived so long without them this close!! Mostly because they have a Wii... with guitar hero. Just kidding. It's the free babysitting. Or the free food. Or the 5 person chorus Eliza gets singing Itsy Bitsy Spider to her. Or the extra room they've let Steve convert to a studio (sorry, Robby, it's your room). Or the poodles.

Or THE LOVE. Yeah, probably that.

So it's been a fun welcome back to my home town, despite the 90+ degree weather, ungodly amount of mesquitoes, and Gov. Mark Sanford. It's looking like a fun year!

5 comments:

Just Katy said...

I'm salivating at the thought of boiled peanuts. You make me feel so home sick.

Good luck on all the homework!

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

I like the tale of Eliza and the Gamecock.

Leigh This Way said...

Yum, boiled peanuts. The best ones are from a guy who is at the flea market on #1 (by mom and dad's house) and he got his truck and a trailer with a big huge pot. His are sooo good! Gosh, next time were there I'm so gonna have to get some. BTW-He's out front on fridays and inside in a booth on saturdays.

jenaprn08 said...

We are having almost as much fun as you are...I am grateful that USC has a good grad program in Social Work!

Abby said...

I'm glad I'm able to contribute with the love part.

Lilypie