CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Animus Opibusque Parati: Our month in review

So, we packed Eliza up in a suitcase...


and quickly got busy going redneck style, letting our kid run naked in yards and get eaten up by mosquito bites (I covered them with band-aids, check out her legs)! She's loved it, though! At some point I'll have to post the pics of all of Eliza's adorable bathing suits!

We have LOVED playing at Oma, Grandpa and Abby's house. Oma has the best toys ever! Remember Duplos? Well, Eliza thinks they're the coolest thing since pacifiers! and legos.

And I had a birthday in between classes, swimming pools, SC bbq, and poodle play time!
I got to have a fancy dinner with this hunk:
We went out to the Motor Supply Co., which is this AWESOME restaurant in Columbia. For all of you SCers, it's one of the best places for fancy dinners in the VISTA. Robby used to take a bunch of his dates there to woo them with his high-roller, classy taste.

Steve said by the name he expected the place to be greasy and have hubcabs hung on the walls. Not quite. Our favorite dish was the fried green tomatoes-- the best EVER-- stacked in b/t the tomatoes was this delicious peach and napolean cheese souille. YUM!!

And then on Sunday night, my actual birthday, my mom made me her delicious Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner.
and some chocolate mousse and brownie icecream cake.

We've LOVED seeing these people on a daily basis this month!

So at the end of my birthday day, I headed back to our apartment to my new "study" that's inside of our walk-in closet. It's cozy and helps me focus w/o distractions. I had to finish up several papers, group research stuff, and do several chapters of reading that were due the next day for my classes. Fun, fun. "Guess that's Grad School!"


Also our big news for this week is that Eliza learned to swim!,
Eliza peed in her potty for the first time today!,
she painted for the first time today to decorate her Father's Day card!,
and learned to sing her ABC's!!
Woohoo!

And I'll leave you with a cute video of Eliza doing something random and hilarious from my birthday dinner:

5 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Little kids are so funny! She's such a cute little girl! Looks like things have really busy but fun.

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

Eliza is awesome, especially when she has crazed, sleepy soliloquies.

jenaprn08 said...

What a great memory! I am glad you posted that. It has been great having your family here. I have been impressed with how hard you have been working on your assignments.

Sarah H said...

Happy Belated B'day.

eNJay & B said...

good to see what's going on with you all. any chance you're coming out to provo soon?

Lilypie