CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lost sheep amid the 99

As I mentioned previously, Eliza is running EVERYWHERE!!!

Unfortunately, this often can lead to trouble, as was the case this last Sunday.

She was especially elated to be freed from the chapel after sacrament meeting was over. So she took off running down the busy halls which were full of people scurrying to their respective classes.

I thought I was right behind her, but all a sudden, she was gone.

I thought that maybe she had snuck into one of the open nursery doors because she likes to follow kids that are about her age and there are toys in there, but she wasn't in either classroom.

I started asking people, have you seen my kid? I lost my kid!

My friend, Sarah, started helping me look, and I looped around the primary room and got Steve from our classroom and quickly confessed that I had lost our only daughter and had no clue where she had gone. I looped back around towards where I lost her.

I faintly heard a child crying from one of the bathrooms, and I said, "Thankfully, I don't think that's Eliza's cry, err... "

It was Eliza's cry.

She was in the handicap bathroom. She had coupled her two dangerous obsessions of running and playing with doors into a cataclysmic combination. She had run into the private bathroom and closed the door on herself...

...and then been stuck in a completely dark room with no way out.

I carefully opened the door and said, "'Liza?"

She had tears streaking down her face and she grabbed me as I picked her up and clung to my neck and whimpered and hiccuped trying to recover from her traumatic bathroom "incident."

Poor girl. It's hard to be a toddler! Who knew the church was such a danger zone, right?

Stay tuned for when I finally feel ready to tell the story of Eliza getting repeatedly punched in the face by a 2 yr old boy during church play group (the real reason I'm taking a boxing class). It's still too traumatic for me to discuss!

4 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

Abby used to take off at church. Our building was tiny, though, so I could find her pretty easily. She was usually with some "stranger" talking...Abby always knew more people at church than we did.

Just Katy said...

At least she didn't make it outside like Robby...

Barbara Irwin said...

I had to get a "leash" for Alicia becuase she would take off and hide in stores. "Feisty" daughters are so fun! :)

Joe and Tammy said...

claire had a traumatic incident like that recently, except kala got her in the closet and shut the door on her. and i can totally relate to the frantic mom looking for your kid. 2 easters ago, we were at joseph's parents house with lots of extra family around (8 grandkids in all). we did a headcount and noticed that mikala was missing. after i looked all through the house, i got nervous. then we started a sort of "search party". we finally found her about 10 min later in the neighbor's yard eating...yes eating...their tulips. WHEW!

Lilypie