CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Glass Menagerie

The beginning of May was a blinding time for our family. One morning, Eliza reached for Steve's glasses (as she so often does) and yanked them off of Steve's face, throwing them down onto our wooden stairs. They cracked right in the middle.

Thankfully, we have great vision coverage with Steve's insurance. Especially since the next day my contact tore. We found this new optometrist's office that is really nice, and they said they could fit Steve and I in the next day. The next morning one of the "legs" of my glasses broke off my glasses when I put them on. NICE.

Here's our family getting ready to head to the optometrist. Steve's in the glasses he got back in 2001 before his mission and wore until he wanted to date me... You can't tell in this picture, but one of the sides of my glasses is missing. Hence the crookedness.

Eliza looks like she's already plotting to grab our glasses off... just trying to decide whose to pull off first.

Here's our "after" pictures.

I made Steve let me take this picture of him in his freakin' awesome new specs:
I ended up choosing Prada frames. I felt dumb getting something with that kinda brand name. But they were the ones that fit me best, and I've been sick of being embarrassed to leave the house in my glasses when I have problems with my contacts.

And guess what?! I tore another contact yesterday. That's what I get for trying to take my contacts out without turning on the bathroom light... not smart, I know. I was tired.

I can't wait to get laser eye surgery like my mom. What a relief it would be to not have to worry about our demented vision! Poor Eliza is probably doomed with our genes. I've had glasses since 3rd grade, contacts since 6th grade (for soccer), and Steve's had glasses since he was 12.

So here's a shout-out to good vision! We're so grateful for modern technology. Steve and I would probably be the town idiots if we were born in like medieval times with no handy dandy optometrists around.

2 comments:

Dan Cummings said...

Very funny post about eyesight! Reminds me I need to see the optometrist before I lose my coverage...

jenaprn08 said...

You two look great with your new specs...very nice looking!

Lilypie