CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Discovery of the Week 8/26

I'll begin with my discovery of the week before I reveal Eliza's. Mine is very exciting, relieving, somewhat expected, but nevertheless beautiful! It allowed me to go on a 9 hour trip to do a wonderful and much appreciated session at the DC temple yesterday with the relief society.

My discovery of the week is ...




Steve!!!!

Aren't they cute in this picture? I especially enjoy Eliza's drool puddle dripping down the front of her onesie (Yay for teething!).

Steve and Eliza got to have some real fun daddy-daughter bonding time on Saturday. At least some LONG bonding time. We'd been storing milk up all week in the fridge and freezer, and I was worried that Eliza would give Steve a rough time. But the report is in and not only did Steve keep Eliza alive but he kept her happy, fed, clean, and comforted! Yay! This is a huge milestone for all of us! I'm so proud of them!

This was also a sorta a dry-run for me if I start to work on the weekends, and it seems so much more feasible after yesterday's triumph. Yay Steve and Baby (and Medella pump and bottles)!

Eliza's discovery of the week is...

that she hates her car seat! If one of us isn't sitting in the back seat with Eliza (and often even if one of us is), she ends up screaming the whole way to Steve's office or the post office or Sam's or the Gym and then all the way home unless she manages to scream/cry herself to sleep. It's really sad... and loud.

It's a great car seat- one of the best we saw on the market (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Morrison!), but I guess Eliza just doesn't like being strapped down or even put down out of our arms. We considered trying to get a picture of this since we have ample opportunity to, just for the sake of the blog, but then we thought there was something ironic about that... thus her car seat picture.

Another discovery of the week for her includes her ability to bang on the computer keyboard while she's in our lap.
She contributed this to the blog:
00000000000

We think she has a great future in C++ programming.

Some other accomplishments include: figuring out how to wiggle to the bottom of her swing, scoot in circles on her activity mat, grab the dog's tail, grab Mommy's lip, shriek with laughter when playing with Aunt Katy, smile at herself in the mirror during tummy time, and tap dance in the bath tub (we have a really great video of that, available upon individual request).




6 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

I know I am biased, but I think Eliza is so cute. I am impressed with what a great job you are doing as parents to have such a healthy, happy (except when in her car seat) baby.

Abby said...

Maybe we should sedate her while she's in her car seat!:) ;) No, but she is very cute. I'm glad the temple trip worked out!

Steve Morrison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

hmm... gonna wait a little longer til I let you babysit there, abby! haha. but you know first-hand how loud she gets driving in the car! it's painful, huh?

Just Katy said...

I like the shoes even if they don't match with each other. Eliza is looking much happier these days. Maybe it's her newly acquired ability of smile wide and laugh?
And good job Steve on daddy baby bonding time.

Davey Morrison Dillard said...

I, Davey Morrison, do hereby cordially request this tap-dancing Eliza video. My niece tap dances? My life is complete.

Lilypie