CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Great News: His and Hers and Eliza's

Amy's News:
I got an exciting piece of mail today!

USC has officially awarded me with a Graduate Assistantship!

So this makes me feel really special/lucky, especially since it involves a stipend AND grants me in-state tuition rates! This would save me about $14,000 for the year (I'm excited that USC thinks I'm worth that)! That's like a part-time job, but I will only have to work one day a week.

I'm really excited about what the work might entail too. I will just be working probably assisting a social work professor in research. And since I think social work's pretty much the most fascinating subject, it sounds like a great deal to me!

Yay! This has USC looking pretty darn good for us! I'm planning on making a trip down next weekend with Eliza to visit Mom, Dad, and Abby and check out USC a little more.

Steve's News:
I also had exciting news today. I got a phone call from NPR and they want me to do a painting for their 10th annual wall calendar (2010). I'm thrilled about it--it's a great opportunity and I love listening to NPR! I'll be sure to let you know when the calendar goes on sale (probably not until Christmastime or so).

And Eliza learned to sing the Hot Dog! song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so that's good news, right?

8 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

Exciting news for both of you! You two have such great potential, it's fun to see other people recognizing those talents.

Just Katy said...

WOO-HOO! That's AWESOME! I'm so happy for ya'll. That Graduate Assistanship sounds like one sweet deal (working one day a week sounds dreamy) And Steve - Whoa! - NPR's calendar? I love that thing. I buy it every year. I can't wait to see what you do for it.
And good job on the hot dog song Eliza.

Barbara said...

Congrats to all of you! What exciting news. I agree with Jenny; so nice others recognize how talented you all are.

Abby said...

Yay! I'm going to have a sibling around again, maybe.

eNJay & B said...

wow, that's great. i'm glad that things are shaping up so well with your grad school adventures. and the npr thing is super cool. you all are just entirely too successful!

Cole and Jenn said...

Congratulations Amy! I am so excited for ya'll. And congratulations to Steve, he is an amazing artist.

Sarah H said...

Wow that is exciting news for everyone. Big congrats to Amy & Steve.

Jared and Jess said...

Congrats to all 3 of you! :)

Lilypie