CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 8, 2010

I want to talk about...

Eliza and I had a fun week. We got to fit in some fun spring break activities despite my heavy study regiment.Here are some snapshots from our week:

Eliza was in rare form tonight during bath time.
She was not happy after I poured water on her head, and she started sniffing and saying, "Mommy, I can't smell!"
I said, "You mean, you can't see? Do you want a towel?"
Eliza: "No, I can't SMELL!" and she continued to sniff.
I chuckled and asked her what she couldn't smell.
Eliza: "I can't smell my cupcakes!"
Me: "Cupcakes? Where do you have cupcakes?"
Eliza: "On my head!"
Me: "Why do you have cupcakes on your head?"
Eliza: "Because people like them, and they like me too," she said as reached up to touch her head. I think that perhaps she got her compound words mixed up and was trying to say pigtails? If you think about it from a 2 yr old's perspective, having pigs' tails on your head might seem just as random as having cupcakes on your head!

Then a few minutes later, Eliza stood up in her bath so I could get her all soaped up, and she announced, "Mommy, you're my favorite person in the whole wide world!"
Me: "Eliza you're MY favorite person in the whole wide world!"
Then Eliza reached over and gave me a big, wet, soapy hug!
Totally worth the dampness!

I was telling Eliza about how we were going to go somewhere, and Eliza grasped her hands together and said, "Oh! That is WONDERFUL!"The other day, Eliza and I were by a fountain, and she wanted to throw in a penny and make a wish. I asked her what her wish was, and she said that she wished for her daddy, "with all my heart!" It's so funny to me that she picks up those phrases!
Eliza and I met friends at the zoo today and had a lot of fun, even though Eliza was a little grumpy. As Eliza and I drove home, I gave her some chips, and a couple minutes later she said, "Mommy, I want to send Sophia (her friend) a message."
Me: "Oh yeah? What type of message do you want to give her?"
Eliza: "I want to send her a chip message!"

I guess she was enjoying her chips so much she wanted to share it with her friend!(This was a statue of a baby gorilla at the zoo that Eliza and her friend were IN LOVE with. It took a lot of convincing to get them to say goodbye to it.)

Eliza is currently obsessed with bats and bugs! She's finally moved on a bit from asking WHY about EVERYTHING we say. Now she will tell me, "Mommy, I want to talk about ...." Insert topic. Like bugs that bite, or animal babies that are born in eggs vs. born alive, germs, strangers, heaven and Heavenly Father, what her friends are doing, what she was like when she was a baby, etc.

I love these little conversations we have together! She's really able to have substantial conversations these days, which is amazing to me! I've really wanted to take a video of her playing pretend, but she gets mad when I pull out the camera. :( So maybe someday.

My big news, though, is that I passed my social work, masters level Licensure Exam on Friday morning!! I spent this week studying like a madwoman, taking lots of lots of practice exams to prepare to take the 170 question test on Friday morning!

And I PASSED!!!

I am soo excited and relieved. This means that when I walk across the stage on May 8th, I won't just have my degree, but I will be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker- an LMSW!!! Woohoo!

Now I just need to get through 5 weeks of classes, papers, and projects, and I'll be home free!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

5 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Hooray! Congrats! I'm so amazed by mothers who suceed in school. Way to go!

jenaprn08 said...

So proud of you! Great work.

Barbara said...

Congratulations on passing your lisensure exam, Amy!!! That is great. Wow.

Dan Cummings said...

Yay! That's wonderful news Amy! Good on ya.

Sarah H said...

THAT'S FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. Such a relief. Congrats. I know what that's like--I was relieved when I passed my professional exam. So much stress.

Lilypie