CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Few Cute Eliza-isms

(It doesn't get much better than fresh from the oven, still warm, Oma cookies with Milk before bed! Eliza loves the dipping!)

Eliza occasionally coughs on something, and since I'm CPR certified, I know that as long as they're coughing, it means there's still air coming through. Sooo, I always tell Eliza to keep coughing. Usually this means that she keeps fake coughing even after she needs to and does a great job covering her mouth too.

But I'm probably overly paranoid about the possibility of her choking or something, and so I try to make sure she's alright. The other day I was coughing for some reason while I was driving in the car. When I was done, I heard a quiet little voice from the back seat say, "You ok, Mom? You ok?" Then she took a turn "coughing" too.

Mom did the Family Home Evening Lesson last week on appreciating our talents and what we like about each other and making a list for each person. We each took a turn saying one thing about Eliza too. I said Eliza was great at singing songs, so she started singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Grandpa said that Eliza gives great hugs and cuddles, so Eliza went around and gave every one a great big hug and cuddle. Oma said that Eliza was great at drawing, so Eliza "helped" by drawing on her list. Her favorite part of FHE, though, is still the Ring Around the Rosy with everyone at the end. I love seeing how big her grin can get!
Eliza cuddling with Grandpa.

Another one of Eliza's favorite things to do these days is to try on other people's shoes. But the funny thing is that she always chooses my fanciest shoes (there aren't many) my zebra flats, my black heels, or my colorful other ones... not so much the tennis shoes or daddies shoes.

The other day, Eliza and I were playing with the Duplos and were putting the people on the train, and Eliza called out, "All Aboard!" I didn't even know she'd ever heard that before! Steve and I never taught her that. So funny!
Eliza sitting in Reuben's Bumbo playin' the harmonica!

Yesterday during sacrament meeting, Eliza was playing with her legos and had a boy and a girl lego person, and the interaction between them that Steve and I observed was the boy and girl giving each other hugs and then the legos said to eachother, "Daddy wanna draw?! Ok! Oh! So cute! Thanks, daddy!" Love it. Eliza later was chasing after a toy under one of the pews and looked up at Steve and signed "Shoes." She's funny.

Eliza's also one of the most strict enforcer of the rules for the dogs. She knows where they are and aren't allowed to be in the house and polices them closely and has learned how to say "Orah! Zara, Off the carpet!" and she knows Mika's name, but she pronounces it, "Beekah." It's funny. She also can say naughty, bad dog, good dog, and LOVES taking walks with them and holding their leashes.

For some reason, she's HORRIFIED of Kate's cat, Battle, and every time she's in the same room with him, she gets really still, opens her mouth into a big O and says, "Mommy, I scared!" and balls her fists up and shakes (Sign for scared). We're not really sure why she's so afraid of him because she LOVES our kitty, Finnegan. Also, almost every time I ask Eliza what she wants to do or where she wants to go, she says, "Et Or!" translation: "Pet Store!" So we go to the pet store and she has a party trying to bang on every single fish, bird, rodent, or cat cage/tank and watch the dogs get groomed. "Gentle" is an ongoing concept we're trying to teach on a daily basis.

Eliza was very taken with the musical, animated movie, Thumbelina. Yesterday, after she got down from her booster seat at dinner, she went to each person at the dinner table, called their name and sung/shouted out, "Thumbelinnnaaaa! That's me!" She went to Aunt Katy last and sung to her, and Katy said, "So you're Thumbelina, Eliza?" and Eliza quickly responded, "No, I'm a BIG girl!" Oh. Got it.

5 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

I love being around little kids and seeing all the cool things they learn. I'm constantly being surprised by them. Eliza doesn't seem like an exception either. :)

Just Katy said...

Eliza is hilarious.

jenaprn08 said...

I got to experience some of the fun "Eliza-isms". I was especially impressed by how well she "got" the concept I was trying to communicate in our FHE lesson last week. What a neat girl.

Joan said...

The joy of a 2 year old. She sounds quite entertaining.

Rebecca said...

She's getting so big! I love these Eliza-isms.

We also go to the pet store quite often. Free entertainment (as long as you don't get sucked into buying something).

Lilypie