CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

1- I love the way you wake up oh-so early every morning and play with Eliza so I can have another hour or so of sleep.

2- I love the way you always refill the Brita pitcher.


3- I love when after a long day of work as an illustrator, you come home and keep working as a husband and dad.


4- I love that after a long day, even though your back probably aches just as much as mine, you give me a back rub without even being asked.


5- I love that you tell me bed time stories when I can't fall asleep that make me laugh and relax so that I fall asleep before you even finish.


6- I love that you laugh in your sleep.


7- I love that the sun makes you sneeze.


8- I love how you rock our baby to sleep like no one else can.


9- I love how you make me laugh every single day- and not just a chuckle but like a knee-slapping, five minute guffaw.


10- I love the face you make when you can't hear what I just said but you're smiling and agreeing anyways.


11- I love you because you take my crazy, grumpy dog outside every morning before you leave for work.


12- I love that you read poetry.


13- I love that you read like 8 books at once.


14- I love that you create beauty with pen and brush every single day.


15- I love when we stay up late talking about all the plans and dreams we have for our family in the future.


16- I love that you're a boring old man.


17- I love the way you call any dinner that includes squeezing a lemon on top, "Gourmet."


18- I love hearing you sing to Eliza.


19- I love that you plan on living to 100 or older.


20- I love how many stories you tell about Pennsylvania and New Zealand.


21- I love how you say, "Maybe so..." like 30 x's a day.


22- I love how you try to cuddle with your head when you're really just stealing my pillow.


23- I love how you don't get mad at me after I've spilled something else on the couch for the 20 millionth time, just like you thought I would. Sorry!


24- I love that you try to play your violin for Eliza even though she's scared of it.


25- I love that you never ever give up on me, even when I give up on myself.


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Happy Birthday, Steve!

4 comments:

jenaprn08 said...

That's a pretty good list. I am glad you two found each other.

Abby said...

Very Impressive!

Just Katy said...

That's a pretty sweet list.

Steve Morrison said...

This is The Nicest Thing of All Time! I love you, Amy!!

Lilypie